Who will be working directly with the district?
Dr. Keith Rohwer, with assistance from Dr. Don Fritz, and Pat Geary, co-founders of The FGR Group, will be the primary Senior Associates working with the Board of Education.
What is the process that will be used?
The tasks associated with the search are outlined on the accompanying information. Please contact The FGR Group if there are any questions or if clarification is needed.
What is the timeline for the search?
The Board of Education will determine the timeline; however, it is recommended that the Board begin the process as soon as possible. Finalizing a timeline will be one of the first tasks to be completed with the Board of Education.
How will the position be advertised?
The position will be advertised in print and online with the Sunday Omaha World Herald, the “Teach Nebraska” website, college/university placement offices, and other professional publications that offer advertising of superintendent positions.
According to recent survey results, candidates reported, without exception, they used the print and online services of the Omaha World Herald and Teach Nebraska when looking for superintendent positions in Nebraska.
Do you use exclusive advertisements?
All advertisements for superintendent positions by The FGR Group are exclusive to the contracted Board of Education. Advertisements paid for by school districts are not used to advertise the search firm.
What stakeholders will be involved?
It is strongly recommended that other “stakeholders” be involved in the process. Representatives of The FGR Group will use a group process to gain input from community and employee groups.
Do you have a list of Reference Schools who have used your firm?
Listed below are references for searches that have been completed in 2011-2012. (Additional references available upon request.)
Paul Brune, President
Heartland Community Schools
Harlow Hansen, President
Madison Public Schools
Gary Todd, President
Conestoga Public Schools
Chad Dixon, President
Wisner Public Schools
What are the key strengths of the Search Firm?
Key strengths include, but are not limited to the following:
- The FGR Group consultants have a broad range of educational backgrounds, have had training in personnel selection, and have a wealth of experience in coordinating superintendent/staff searches.
- Thorough reference checks are conducted by the consultants, using a variety of strategies.
- Flexibility is strength. Although The FGR Group recommends a process that has been developed over time, using input from board members, the process is adjusted as needed to meet individual needs of boards of education.
- Attention to detail is important. All search processes look the same on paper. It is the implementation of the process, however, that makes the difference in superintendent searches. The FGR Group takes care of details while the board makes the important decisions.
- Professionalism and integrity are critical. All candidates are treated fairly. The board is provided information about each candidate in a fair and objective manner.
What is the cost of the Proposal?
The FGR Group will provide a specific quote for the search process depending on the services requested by the District Board of Education.
What are the additional expenses?
- Mileage - $500 - 1,000
- Advertising - $1,500 (depending on the length of advertising)
- Copies - $150 - $250
- Postage - $75